We are a national legal “think tank” created by trial attorneys in 1956 to honor the life and work of Roscoe Pound, one of America’s great legal scholars and educators. Our programs and publications give a balanced view of issues affecting the U.S. civil justice system.
- The Institute awarded its 2019 Civil Justice Scholarship Award to Prof. Alexandra Lahav of the University of Connecticut School of Law for In Praise of Litigation. Details here.
- STATE APPELLATE JUDGES: You may now register your interest in attending the 2019 Judges Forum, Aggregate Litigation in State Courts: Preserving Vital Mechanisms, to be held on July 27, 2019 in San Diego. Click Here to do so.
- Academic papers and a research compilation from our July 7, 2018 Judges Forum, State Court Protection of Individual Constitutional Rights, can be accessed on our Judges Forum page.
- The Institute awarded its 2018 Appellate Advocacy Award to Leslie Brueckner and Benjamin Siminou for their distinguished work in T.H. v. Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corp. Details on the Award's page.
- The application process is currently closed for the Roscoe Pound Summer Fellowship.
- ATTORNEYS: Become a Pound Fellow to help preserve the civil justice system by working with judges, legal academics and practitioners.
- POUND FELLOWS: Make your dues contribution or upgrade your membership.
- Make your tax-deductible Judges Forum contribution.
- JUDICIAL & ACADEMIC MAILING LIST: Sign up to receive notices of free educational programs and scholarly publications offered by the Institute.
Updated November 16, 2018