We are a national legal “think tank” created by trial attorneys in 1956 to honor the life and work of Roscoe Pound, one of America’s great legal scholars and educators. Our programs and publications give a balanced view of issues affecting the U.S. civil justice system.
- State Appellate Judges: Online registration for the 2015 Forum will open soon.
- JUST RELEASED: "Forced Arbitration and the Fate of the 7th Amendment" - Pound’s report of the 2014 Forum for State Appellate Court Judges. This 172-page report contains the academic papers prepared for the Forum, commentary by legal experts, and frank discussion by attending judges. Digital copies are free, print copies are for purchase. Details on the Judges Forum page.
- The Institute is pleased to announce the establishment of its Appellate Advocacy Award. Nominations are due by April 1, 2015. Please see criteria and nomination form for details.
- Pound’s 23rd Annual Forum for State Appellate Court Judges will be held on Saturday, July 11, 2015 in Montreal, QC. The topic is “Judicial Transparency and the Rule of Law.”
- We are pleased to announce that we will hold an Academic Symposium with Emory University School of Law on October 15, 2015 on the topic of "The 'War' on the Civil Justice System." Registration for attorneys and judges will open soon.
- Want to make your dues payment online? Not a Pound Fellow yet? Pound's categories of membership and monthly payments option make it easy to support the work of the Institute.
Updated March 23, 2015