We are a national legal “think tank” created by trial attorneys in 1956 to honor the life and work of Roscoe Pound, one of America’s great legal scholars and educators. Our programs and publications give a balanced view of issues affecting the U.S. civil justice system.
- REGISTRATION IS OPEN for The Demise of the Grand Bargain: Compensating Injured Workers in the 21st Century Symposium on September 23, 2016 at Rutgers/Camden.
- RSVP for the Pound Fellows Reception on 7/23/16, The Conga Room, Los Angeles.
- The Institute has awarded the 2016 Appellate Advocacy Award to the team of Robert F. Daley, R. Scott Marshall and Brent M. Rosenthal for their work resulting in the Pennsylvania Supreme Court's landmark decision in Tooey v. AK Steel Corp. Click on the link above for details about the case and the Award recipients.
- STATE COURT JUDGES: Confirm your registration at Pound’s 24th Annual Forum for State Appellate Court Judges, which will take place on Saturday, July 23, 2016 in Los Angeles. The topic will be “Who Will Write Your Rules—Your State Court, or the Federal Judiciary?” Details on the Judges Forum page.
- Pound's 6th annual Twiggs Memorial Lecture will be delivered by Stephen B. Bright of Yale Law and the Southern Center for Human Rights on Sunday, July 24, 2016 in Los Angeles. The topic is "Eliminating Bias in Jury Selection" and will reflect the recent 7-1 decision by the U.S. Supreme Court for his case, Foster v. Chatman.
- "Judicial Transparency and the Rule of Law" - Pound’s report of the 2015 Forum for State Appellate Court Judges is now available. This 214-page report contains the academic papers prepared for the Forum, commentary by legal experts, and frank discussion by attending judges. Digital copies are free, print copies are for purchase. Details on the Judges Forum page.
- ATTORNEYS: Become a Pound Fellow to help preserve the civil justice system by working with judges, legal academics and practitioners.
- POUND FELLOWS: Make your dues payment online.
- JUDICIAL & ACADEMIC MAILING LIST: Sign up to receive notices of free educational programs and scholarly publications offered by the Institute.
Updated June 17,2016